National Training & Development Specialist
Concord Rents | Concord Management Limited
2015 – Current | Maitland, FL (Orlando Area)
Anyone who knows me can attest that I am an advocate for career development, training, and education. “When you stop learning, you start dying!”
When presented with this opportunity, I jumped at the chance to teach and train new employees for a large, multifamily provider. This experience also presented me with the opportunity to learn and work with the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) or Affordable Program and measures for Compliance, Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Program, and new construction lease-up. As well, my experience with Concord Rents regularly placed me in front of groups of new team members during Instructor Led Training (ILT) courses, One-on-One Training sessions for individual improvements and development, Motivational Sales Training one-off sessions for groups, and Leadership Development courses for groups of aspiring team members wanting to prepare for a promoted position in their own career. Additionally, I worked closely with a team to organize, develop, distribute, and implement training in cost-saving and delivery-efficient mediums that increased convenience accessibility for the learners and management.
• Instructor Led Training for groups
• Developed online, self-paced training modules for new and current employees.
• Developed visually appealing and expertly crafted PowerPoint presentations using a variety of tools, skills, and techniques to bring a renewed and refreshed appearance to Concord’s education department
• Produced and developed supplemental education materials with a concise purose and high-end visual appeal
• Remastered and developed several graphical arts pieces and logos to re-brand Concord Education
Assistant Community Manager
2015 | Orlando, FL
After several months as a Temporary Sales Associate with BG Staffing in a long-term placement, I was requested to accept a full-time position and promotion with the assigned community (396 units). The Community Manager was replaced my first week in the position with the very well respected and skillful Penny Duzyk Armstrong, CAM, and under her guidance, I assisted in managing the community through an asset reposition.
I was tasked with:
• recommending candidates during the hiring process to replace sales agents and evaluate performance
• inspecting the property prior to the arrival of customers and new tenants
• direction of sales team to follow operating standards
• handle and resolve resident issues
• oversee the lease renewal process
• liaison with government code enforcement to ensure compliance
• execute evictions and legal demands to residents
• identify additional revenue streams (ancillary income, amenities, fees) for community to exceed performance expectations
• assist manager in preparing and presenting property statements and variance reports
• assist manager in analyzing performance to exceed expectations
• assist manager in identifying and utilizing replacement reserves to recover expenses
• Improved Accounts Receivable (AR) balance collection by over 300% to consistently finish accounting month end with outstanding balances at under 1.0%
• Increased assessment and collection of late fees by over 30.0% to assist with increased revenue
• Increased assessment and collection of previous tenant property damage fees by over 35% to assist with increased revenue
• Our team increased occupancy over 4% in five months, increased the average unit rent by over 10%, and improved the resident profile to higher credit scores, higher income, and more favorable rental history. WE ROCKED!
After working through the sale of two assets with Fairfield Residential, I returned to Orlando to work as a Marketing Assistant for the Director of Sales. I was later placed for a long-term position at a large community (396 units) and quickly assisted the manager and on-site team with several initiatives to improve operations including time management, sales metrics improvements, customer service relations, and service request task flow. My experience in multifamily property management earned the confidence of the Property Manager, who regularly requested my assistance for tasks and projects requiring more responsibility than a typical temporary sales associate would encounter.
After several months in the long-term placement, I was requested to accept a full-time position with a promotion to Assistant Community Manager by the assigned community’s Regional Vice President with the blessing and recommendation of the Property Manager and my Director of Sales for BG Staffing.
I can honestly say that working with this organization has truly changed the direction of my career. Under the amazing leadership of Joe Gonzales, CAM, and Nancy Lovell, CPM® ARM®, I became focused on my true passion: helping grow other people’s careers through motivation and education. In a very short period of time after joining Fairfield Residential, I inquired about becoming a TEAM Trainer and was granted the opportunity– three months before the company’s minimum experience requirement! My enthusiasm was seen by many, as I was requested to assist at multiple communities as far away as Jacksonville, Ocala, and Tampa, as well as train many of our new team members. In addition to leasing up a storm (GO Villa Tuscany!), I also created and maintained many new organizational standards to keep our office on the cutting edge of technology and efficiency. Furthermore, I maintained a social media presence for several communities (Villa Tuscany, Vista Grande at Tampa Palms, Deerwood Village, The Preserve at Mobbly Bay, and Amara at MetroWest. Near the end of my experience, I assisted through the sale of two separate assets (Orlando & Tampa), involved in due diligence audits & inventory inspections, maintaining occupancy goals through sale, and other various information gathering activities required to ensure a smooth transition to the new asset owner while being promoted to Assistant Community Manager during the process.
• Honored as an All-Star Coach to assist other associates with Training and Mentoring
• Recipient of the Fairfield Residential Rock Star Attitude Award 2014 Summer, 2013 Winter
• Recipient of the AAGO Golden Key – Community Of The Year Award 2013 (Large Community)
• Honored as the Regional TEAM (Together Every Associate Matters) Trainer for Central Florida & North Florida and surrounding communities
2012 | Orlando, FL
From this experience, I learned how valuable my connections are within the Apartment Association and other professional groups. While Camden was fairly averse to any involvement with associations, I found that many of the contacts I had made during my previous experiences showed up again and again. I was able to recognize that I am a professional that values just as much the culture inside the organization as I am one who values to amazingly close relationship and connections I have created and cultivated within the industry, both among management professionals and vendors.
• Recognized as a top leaser in Orlando area during the first few months of the position.
Assistant Property Manger
ELement National Management
2012 | Orlando, FL
2010-2011 | Orlando, FL
It is hard to find as great a culture as I found with Equity Residential! From the very beginning, I was welcomed with open arms by Tracy Knorr, my supervisor, Debra Rivera, my regional supervisor, and Steve Wunch, our training leader. During my experience with Equity Residential, the organization evolved to a paradigm that removed the position of Assistant Community Manager from the on-site team– of course, that did not remove the position’s responsibilities! Tracy leaned on my experience and enthusiasm as we managed the 253 unit community in the absence of this position as flawlessly as if we had a fully proficient team. In fact, we won awards and achieved higher occupancy, renewals, and customer satisfaction scores all the while. The amazing team I worked with in this organization will never leave my memory as anything but a group of highly professional and capable leaders in our industry!
• Recipient 2011 Diversity Award
• Recipient Top Sales Award in Tier for North Florida 2010 Q2
• Nominated for Rookie of the Year 2010 (First year employees)
• Led Training Session for Regional Employees on eLead Conversion Techniques (Summer 2010)
• Supervised a team of five sales professionals to meet and exceed performance metric goals to increase community occupancy and profitability.
• Successfully met a goal of increasing a 600 unit community’s occupancy over 25% in under three months during a time period when the local area’s industry suffered an average of 3-5% decrease of occupancy
• Plan and execute a monthly schedule of community building activities for residents at two communities totaling 996 units which increase the perceived “Sense of Community” by the residents that is crucial for increasing renewals, customer satisfaction surveys and resident referrals.
• Increased monthly resident event activity attendance over last year by more than 118 monthly or a 164% per month increase (on average)
• Utilized a thorough marketing campaign for resident events to draw in consistently higher attendance while coming under budget each month.